Email this page
Email this page
Click the algorithm buttons for more info.
Getting Active Toolkit PDF version
Assertiveness and Communication
Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Nutrition and mental health
What is psychotherapy?
Fact sheet about counselling or therapy for depression
Light therapy for Depression
Patient instruction handout
- General self-help strategies for many mental health condition
-Depression self-help for men
Antidepressant Skills Workbook (ASW)
for use with PCPs and their patients using CBT
-free telephone-guided CBT available in:
- internet-based CBT with a registered therapist ( free for residents of Ontario and Manitoba)
- internet-based CBT with a registered therapist ( free for Ontario residents)
- online peer-supported mental health and wellbeing service. All Canadians can access it at
and also free for residents of Alberta.
- well researched Australian website for depression
Living Life to the Full
CBT skills course
materials on depression, anxiety, communication, coping, and a variety of other concerns
Informed Choices About Depression
epression treatment information to assist with treatment choice
Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- information about self-help and support resources across Canada
“Mind over Mood”
Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky. Guilford Press (2015)
“Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy”
, by Burns. (1999).
“The Mindfulness & Acceptance Workbook for Depression”
by Strosahl & Robinson (2008)
Looking for information in other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, etc?
Multicultural Mental Health Resource Centre
For Family Members and friends:
Fact sheet for family and friends about how to help
Mental Resources across Canada
Ottawa Mental Health Community Resource Directory.pdf
includes information on various services including counselling, finances, immigrant services, legal services etc.
free same day or next day phone or video counselling session
Mood Disorders Ottawa
- volounteer-run organization that supports people with mood disorders and their loved ones
Mental Health Algorithms
© 2021 Copyright.
All Rights Reserved.
Email this page:
Email this page to your colleague or client.
Select the first option to send the entire page or select specific links and PDFs from this page to include in your email.
Click 'Send Email' below when ready.
Enter the recipient's email address
Add your message (optional)
The from address of the sent email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transmission of the email is secured with 256-bit SSL encryption.